Bad wine, good wine or great wine, needless to say, it’s all about the taste. But can you really taste the difference between a $20 bottle of wine and a $300 bottle of wine? Below are tasting lessons categorized by their difficulty levels from simple tasting technique to enhance your next wine experience to even advanced level tasting that will uncork the secrets behind Blind-Tasting.
I. Fundamentals on Wine Aromas, Bouquet and Tasting
- Differences between Flavors, Aromas, Bouquet and Descriptors
- Where do wines get their flavors and aromas from?
- Common descriptors (flavors, aromas and bouquet) in white and red white
- Oak and its effects on wine
- Wine body and structure
- Acidity in Wine
- Tasting the Price Tags of wine
- Spotting wine flaws
- What is Blind tasting and how is it possible?
II. Professional Tasting Technique
- 5 Steps for better wine tasting
- How long wines take to breathe?
- Effectively identify flavors and bouquet in wine
- 4 Concepts of expert tasting and wine review
- How to distinguish New World from Old World
- Top 39 popular varietals and their common flavors
- Tasting the difference between French and American Oak
III. Advanced and Blind Tasting Technique -Coming soon…
1. Sight and Appearance
- Rim Variation
- Viscosity (legs/tears)
2 & 3. Nose and Taste
- Flower and Herb
- Body & Structure
4. Review and Conclusion
- Execution of a Blind Taste